Wednesday, April 11, 2012

High Test Scores = Teachers Get Pied

I think that it's been almost a month since my last post...such a LONG time ago! There has been so much going on that I just didn't think that I needed to carve out time to blog. With having to take care of my mother then deal with the loss of my father and try to get my school work done in between the craziness; blogging just wasn't the first thing on my mind.

The Lord has been taking care of my family during these difficult times in ways that I couldn't even describe. He has given my an amazing church family that is supporting me and my mother in this difficult season. I was so glad that I was able to take off a whole week of school during state testing week!! My lovely team took care of my kids while I was (well....still out until Monday) out so I didn't have to worry about anything. I have never lost anyone so close to me before and it's the most difficult thing that I have experienced in my life, and I know that it's worse for my mother. There has to be such a dependence upon the LORD to make it through these hard times.

I do love when  I get emails from parents telling me that the sub is making their children miss me terribly. He he he. It warms my heart, I just can't help it.

Before testing I planed on giving everyone an update on our ARMT Spirit Day. It was a huge success!!! The children LOVED dressing up and it got pumped about taking the tests. I think the best part was the pep-rally. The students that exceeded the state's standards the previous year got to pie their teachers in the face. What kid wouldn't want to do that?!? They let us have it too! They took those "pies" (really just whipped cream) and smeared them in our faces or at least making sure that it got us really good in the face. I never have so much cool whip all over my body as on that day. It was dripping from the top of my head, I had to constantly wipe it from my eyes, and remove lots of it from down my shirt. The kids couldn't have had more fun.

I am hoping that this really got them motivated in wanting to do well this year. Also, I am hoping that my absences don't affect them either. I sent my parents an email explaining the situation, so maybe it will be alright.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss. Testing is so stressful without personal issues. I cannot image how difficult it must be for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.
    Learning in Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your loss. I am your newest follower. Check out my blog...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete