Friday, February 10, 2012

Geometric and Numeric Patterns

I know...I know...I am breaking the rules by making two posts in one day, and making them so close together. However, I didn't want to put too much stuff in one post and make everyone confused. These past couple of weeks, we have been studying geometric and numeric patterns. This has been interesting because the way in which I have taught geometric patterns this year is different since our state standards have changed. I wanted to give my kids an assessment on our patterns without making them sit down with a worksheet, so I came up with this neat little trifold chart. I put 3 problems on index cards, taped them in the three sections, and let them go to town. They did such a great job of supporting one anther and I was able to see where we still need some help.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam! I thought you deserved a lovely blog award! Come to my site to check it out! www.lightafire3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There

    I'm your newest blog follower! I love this idea, I am also a third grade teacher and need to get into patterns soon (been pushing it off). Looking forward to future posts :)

    http://talesofateachaholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete