Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday LINK-UP

Hello my fellow bloggers. I'm linking up with The 3AM Teacher letting everyone know that I've had a BUSY week but some great times. Here are my 5 things:

1. Oh my word...It's been one busy week! The bigger contributor to this was yesterday's SNOW!!! Yes, it snowed in Alabama! Even though I am from Michigan and am used to snow, it doesn't snow in Alabama very often. When it snows.....everything STOPS. 


It started snowing around 9:30, so our principal came over the intercome to let everyone know that it was okay to go outside. YAY!! My kids had a GREAT time! They ran and played hard. There was wet pants and shoes, muddy clothes, and wet hair; but they all had a WONDERFUL time.

Even the teachers stopped to take a picture in the snow, ha ha ha. 

When it came to dismissal...um...it was CRAZY!! The school closed at 2, but it was hard for parents to come because of the snow. Many were stuck on the roads--behind people that were in car accidents. Roads were closed everywhere. Many of the teachers didn't get to leave until 4. There were many phone calls between the parents and I trying keep updates of where they were. 

Needless to say, I was SO glad when I was able to leave to get into my PJs! While driving home, I got to see many kids out in the snow playing--making those wonderful memories. Love it! 

2. As I posted yesterday, my follower gadget was broken. However, I found at site that helped me fix it! Yay!!!

3. There hasn't been much funny that has happened, but I do have one of my students keeps on wearing these large "nerd" glasses just because. Oh, they are fake....at least it's something silly that I am able to ignore rather than something more serious.

4. I do have to say that I am excited that I am able to start planning my next literature unit about chocolate. I'm going to be using The Chocolate Touch for the text. This is going to work out good for my graduate practicum since I can use those plans for the class. Two for one..whoot whoot.

5. I just want to say that I am thankful that I have Monday off. It will give me some time to recover from this week, and prepare for the WEEKs to come!

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! We had snow this week too! I found you through the 3AM teacher's linky party.

    Kelly
    Thirsty Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope that your snow day was a fun as ours. Well, without all the craziness of getting stick, LOL.

    ReplyDelete