Monday, May 27, 2013

A New Reading Series

Okay guys, my school is adopting a new reading series and I would love some advice. We're going to be using McGraw-Hill's Reading Wonders. What do you all think about this series? What do you like or dislike about the series??

 From what I have seen of it, it seems really good. Although I am not liking shelving my "real books", there are some good things. One of my favorite things that I saw was the read aloud chapter books that come with each unit.

I would love to hear what y'all have to say!!

2 comments:

  1. We use Storytown. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

    Misty
    I MOVED! Check out my new site:
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were using Reading Street which is similar to Storytown. The stories are different, but I think that many of the components are the same. To be honest...it wasn't my favorite. My kids really lost their love for reading. That is why we switch to using chapter books. They devoured those books!! Hopefully, Storytown is working better for you than Reading Street.

      Delete