Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's About That Time...

     I can't believe that it's that time of year....time to get down and dirty preparing for the ARMT+ (Alabama Reading and Math Test)! Where has the year gone??? I know that I couldn't tell you.

    I have put my students into those boring, dreaded, hated "military rows" trying to get my students into the right frame of mind.


      Oh how I hate this set up! It drives me CRAZY!!! I don't know how teachers did it years ago putting students in rows. There is no where to move and it makes it harder for group work!

    Today is nothing but mock ARMT+ tests. After our students take these tests, we analyze them to see where their strengths and weaknesses are. From there we are able to group them according to like weaknesses and target those areas in small group interventions. In the past it really helped our students. So, hopefully it will do the same this year.

      Math is our biggest concern since the change to the Common Core Standards or College and Career Readiness Standards here is Alabama and a change in our math curriculum. I don't understand how a state can change the state test and our county adopts a math program that doesn't cover the needed standards.

Is your school getting ready for testing yet???

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean!!! I need a link to your new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am!! All you have to do is click the picture from my last post. I didn't tell y'all to do so. Oopppssss. I fixed it though ;)

      Delete