Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our Valentine's Day


It's been one of those weeks. You know the ones where you believe the children are TRYING to make you go insane, lol. So, when it came to Valentine's Day...well...let's just say we were doing good to make it a great day until lunch, ha ha ha. It did turn out to be a great day! My lovelies are wonderful even if they drive me crazy sometimes.


Before our math lesson, we did a Valentine's Day math activity with the hundreds chart. They had to read the clues and glue the little hearts to the correct number. The hearts form the message "I 'heart'". They had a blast with it! "Oh, thank you for letting us do this!" and "This is SO much fun!". They couldn't wait to find out what the message was. Most of the time was spent yelling out what they thought the message was.




After our little fun time, it was time to get down to business with fractions. We used pattern blocks to find ways to make one whole. It was a lot of fun. We worked so hard to find all the different ways. I don't believe that I had to get anyone else back on task because we were all engaged. When I have some time on my hands I will type it up and make it for everyone to grab.






When all of our work was done the "party" began! We decorated paper sacks to hold our goodies. Then it was time to pass out our Valentine's. Oh, the kiddos were having such fun reading their cards and looking at their goody bags. I even baked cookies with hearts in them for my lovelies.


No comments:

Post a Comment