After each "problem", we discussed how figured out we know how many cookies to give each person--equal groups, multiplication. Then we made those into division problems.
We related what we were doing to division problems on our assignment.
I'm so excited that we started our volcano projects this week! They are going great. When they are all said and done, I will post pictures and what we did to complete them with our experiments. I'm hoping that it will end with my kids being able to make a post on our class blog, which we have not done in a while. Here is the link if you want to check it out!