Thursday, January 12, 2012

Middle Year March and Liquor Stores

I know that it's the middle of the year, and it seems a little silly to start blogging about the year now. But there have been a lot of changes going in my life with starting graduate school this year and my students have started becoming more "interesting". I will be wrapping my 5th year teaching 3rd grade this year and it's the best job that I could possible as for. There are days that I come home wanting to pull out my hair, but what teacher doesn't. There are more days where I get to bond with my students and have those special moments that no one can take away.

So, I just started my 3rd round of grad school classes and it seems that these classes are going to be the toughest round yet. Once again, I will have no life, not like I have ever had one. There will be lots of late nights reading and writing papers and researching. Although these classes are going to be the most helpful. They are about cultural change for my classroom, and how to help my "low" children due to culture.

That brings me to the story of the week....I think that I really could have 10, but I will only pick one. We are doing writing and my students were asked to create a prewriting page about their ideal job with 3 reasons why. One little "lovely" decides to say that they best job in the world...the one job that he would LOVE to have about every other job is a liquor store owner! My eyes about popped out of my head. I had to do a double take to make sure that I was reading this right. I began to read his reasons why, and I could not even get past the first one. The child wanted to make mixed drinks. The child listed various liquors and juices needed. My flabbergasted self told him that he needed to pick something else, and the kid was NOT happy! I just kept shaking my head in disbelief. Well, now the job has changed to becoming the host of "The Family Feud".

Next week we are going to make volcanoes with Diet Coke and Mentos. Am I crazy?!?! I guess so. This is going to be real interesting. My students are always interested in weather and natural disasters. This just might be a plan disaster. Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. That IS a funny story lol

    I found you through the linky party :) Can't wait to stalk your blog!

    Summyr
    4th grade

    ReplyDelete