Friday, March 8, 2013

From Teacher to Pilgrim

I believe that I have told y'all before about my trip, more like pilgrimage, to take on the Camino de Santiago. Well, I have decided to start a blog about my adventures. Just in case you all want to follow along with me. I was told be my one of my friends that I needed to start a blog about me getting ready and the actual trip, so I caved in and did it. Just click on the picture for the link ;)


Just in case you all don't know what this trip is all about--it's an OLD pilgrimage starting in Saint Jean Pied de Port, France to Santiago, Spain. Saint James was said to have gone on this pilgrimage. People will travel this for many reasons, but a majority of the time the reasons are religious. The trip will take about 35 days which means I will have to walk/hike about 15 to 20 miles a day.

Here are some links for more information:

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/spain/camino-de-santiago

http://www.csj.org.uk/


2 comments:

  1. What a journey, Samantha! Found your blog through the state linky at Fifth in the Middle! I'm an Alabama blogger, too. Where are you from in Alabama? How long were you overseas - or are you still there currently? Cannot wait to read more about your pilgrimage :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, an Alabama blogger friend! I am from Birmingham. You? It takes about 35 day to hike, so about 1 1/2 months. So excited!! Can't wait to go over to your blog and read about what's going on in your classroom.

      Delete