Monday, July 23, 2012

Making Progress and To Do List Linky Party

These past 2 weeks have been crazy busy with getting my classroom ready. Those little kiddos will be back August 20th!! AAAAHHHH!! There is still SO much to do before I am ready!

The first order of business was to get my classroom library in my computer system and reorganized. I did not know how big of a task that was going to be with over 700 books. It's finally D-O-N-E, done! I wanted to make sure that the books were separate by genres and have a good check-out system. Now that everything is online, I think it will be much easier to keep track of those books.


There were just SO many books to organize! Ha ha.

Here it is finished. Well, almost. I still have to put down the rug and clean it, but the hardest part is finished.

I was able to get most of my classroom put back together without any problems. Of course, I still have some work to do to make it perfect.
This is view from my desk. Luckily my desk doesn't take up much room since it's like a small personal student desk for a bedroom. I am still wanting to fix the cabinets that have the focus walls. Hhhmmm, that's going to take some thinking.

This is from my door. 

This is from the front of the classroom. You see that huge bulletin board? I found this simple phrase to put up since I am NOT creative or crafty.

These are my new station baskets. One set for the morning RTI time, another for reading, and the last set is for math workshop. Yay! I'm just proud that it's colorful and fun ;)


Before I left school for the day, I sat down and made my to-do list, and joined the "To Do List Linky Party" by The Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies. Man is it long!! I am hoping to get most/all of these things done this week so I can make another one to tackle. 

On another note, I am wondering if the people at Target, Walmart, and the various Dollar Trees are starting to recognize me. I am finding that I am making SEVERAL trips each week to all of these stores. I just don't want to miss out on the great deals for all of the nifty/cheap school supplies. Each time I go there is always something new that I am able to use. I am going to have to start telling my friends that I am not able to out for lunch because I am broke from all of this shopping that I have been doing lately! What is sad that none of it has been for me!! 

This coming year is going to fabulous though...I just know it. I might be a little rocky since HALF (not lying!!) of my grade level will be starting their maternity leave at the beginning of this year. Another one is just coming back from maternity leave, ha ha (you don't want to drink the water at my school :p)!!
http://www.fabulous4thgradefroggies.com/2012/07/to-do-or-not-to-do-so-many-things-on-my.html

3 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha
    Thanks for linking up to my linky party! How exciting that you can get to your classroom already. We can't get it yet. Although I know when I am able to get in I will feel overwhelmed and probably wish I had a longer summer. :)
    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha! I'm a first year teacher and will teach third grade in September. I'm both excited and nervous about finally having my own classroom. My new hobby is searching for teacher blogs in an effort to gain more ideas. I've also gained an addiction to Pinterest. I'm planning to visit my classroom tomorrow and organizing my library is the first thing on my list. I'm not exactly sure what the last teacher left behind but I have my own box of books that I'm going to add to the classroom.
    By the way, I'm your newest follower so please visit my blog and join. I'm a newbie and still learning.....

    http://thirdgradediaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! Teaching 3rd grade is my absolute favorite grade to teach. In my opinion, you get to see the kids grow the most here. Pinterest is a teacher's best friend ;) I wish you all the luck this coming year.

    ReplyDelete